Celebrate Arbor Day by planting trees at Morningside Elementary School (SE Salem) this Saturday, April 5 with Friends of Trees! Friends of Trees is holding a community tree planting event on Saturday, April 5th, at Morningside Elementary School and we're looking for volunteers to join us! No experience necessary. If you enjoy working with your hands outdoors, meeting new people, learning about trees, and partaking in tasty free breakfast snacks and beverages, then this event is for you!
Please join us to green the school property, increase Salem's urban canopy, and make a difference all in a few short hours! Don't hesitate to be in touch with Jenny or Ian in our Volunteer & Outreach Program with any questions, (503) 595-0213. We look forward to working with you soon!
- WHEN: this Saturday, April 5th, 8:45am -- 1:00pm
- WHERE: Morningside Elementary School, 3513 12th Street SE, Salem (map), look for our white Friends of Trees signs
- WHAT: We'll be focused on planting and mulching large neighborhood-sized trees on the school grounds in celebration of Arbor Day
- WHAT TO WEAR: We ask that everyone dress appropriately for the weather and wear sturdy close-toed shoes or boots
- WHAT ELSE: Friends of Trees will provide gloves, tools, and planting guidance, as well as breakfast refreshments and coffee / hot chocolate
- GROUPS: If you’re planning to attend with a group of five or more individuals, please let us know you’re coming using our online form HERE. Individuals or groups of less than 5 are welcome to simply show up – no RSVP needed!
Here is the latest news in the March Newsletter.
Two days have been added back to the school calendar for 2013-14
for students, except for graduating seniors. The days were added by the interim
superintendent to make up for days school was closed in February due to inclement weather.
Elementary School Students
June 11 and June 12, 2014, have been added to the school
calendar for elementary
students. These are now regular school days. June 12 is the
final day for elementary
Middle and High School Students
June 12 and June 13, 2014, have been added to the school
calendar for secondary
students. These are now regular school days for all secondary
students, except for
graduating seniors. June 13 is the final day for secondary
The updates are now added to amended district calendars. You can
find the updated
calendars on the district website at http://www.salemkeizer.org.
If you have any questions
about these changes, contact our office.
Kindergarten Roundup starts March 20, 2014
If you have a child that will be five years old on or before Sept. 10, 2014 then
you are encouraged to get your child registered for kindergarten. All
Salem-Keizer elementary schools will be holding all day registration on March 20 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. to allow
for kindergarten-age children to register for the 2014-15 school year. If you
cannot attend the March 20 registration, you may register your child at your
neighborhood school anytime during regular school hours after March 31. If you
are not sure which school is in your neighborhood area, you may call the
boundary information line at 503-399-3246.
Please click the attached documents for full details.
Catch up on the latest Morningside News!
Welcome back to school! Read the Newsletter to see what is happening.
Winter break is coming, and many school performances. Take a look at the Newsletter....
School is almost back in Session. Read the September Newsletter for all the great details.
Class List for the 2013-2014 school year will be posted on our front windows
Friday August 30 @ 4:00 pm!